To view the design of this website, you need a browser that supports web standards. The content of this site is accessable (with no formatting) to any browser.
Skip to the content of this page
I love researching my school projects on the internet, now I donít have to worry about the high call charges
How do I setup my iBurst modem using the USB cable?
: Setup Procedure for UTD (Fixed modem) on Windows XP using USB
- Insert the provided Software Utility CD into your CD-ROM drive.
- Double click on the file "Iburst install file" to run the application.
- The iBurst Setup will start click the Next button.
- Select "I accept the terms the license agreement", click the "Next" button.
- Click the "Next" button again.
- Then the "Next" button again.
- Click the "Continue Anyway" button
- When the installing process finishes, Select "Yes, I want to restart my computer now" and Click the "Finish" button
- After the restart, insert the usb cable into your pc (make sure it is plugged into your modem to).
- If the operating system is able to recognize the inserted iBurst Access Card as a new installed hardware, "Found New Hardware Wizard" will begin and the dialog window will appear. Wait for few seconds.
- The dialog window will appear, "click the Continue Anyway button".
- The driver is installed on your PC.
- After installation of the driver, the dialog window will appear, click the "Finish" button.
: Creating a Connection
- Click "My Network Places".
- Next, click "View All Network Connections".
- Then click the "Create a new connection".
- "New Connection Wizard" will begin and the dialog window will appear.Click the "Next" button in the dialog window
- Select "Connect to the Internet" and click the "Next" button.
- Select "Set up my connection manually" and click the "Next" button.
- Select "Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password" and click the next button.
- Fill in "ISP Name" edit box with an ISP Name being "Iburst", followed by clicking the "Next" button.
- Enter user name and password and make sure that the "Make this the default Internet Connection" check box is checked. Click the "Next" button.
- Click the "Finish" button.
- At this point, the connection configuration is complete. When you call Internet Explorer
program, "Dial-up Connection Wizard" will begin and the "Dial-up Connection" dialog window will appear. Click the "Connect" button to connect to the network.
Planet Broadband Router to iBurst Modem
: Things to check before getting started:
- Make sure the modem cable is plugged into the Wan port on the Router.
- Plug a (Ethernet cable) into one of the ports on the Router and carry it to network port at the back of your PC.
- Open up your Internet browser and enter http://192.168.0.1 in its Address field.
- A Login screen should appear shown below (by default) enter Username = Admin and Password = 1234.
: The User Interface will appear in your browser.
- Click on the General Setup Tab
- Select the WAN option on the list of Network types then select the PPPoE Protocol and then click the more configuration button.
- It will now prompt you for a Username and Password.
- Change the MTU size to 1352 as this works best with the iBurst modem.
- Once the relevant settings have been inserted click on the Connect button.
: Click on the status Tab to determine whether the Router is connected.