To view the design of this website, you need a browser that supports web standards. The content of this site is accessable (with no formatting) to any browser.
Skip to the content of this page
The iburst wireless service also means that internet mobility is now possible not only inside the office, but nationwide!
How do I setup my iBurst modem using the USB cable?
: Setup Procedure for UTD (Fixed modem) on Windows XP using USB
- Insert the provided Software Utility CD into your CD-ROM drive.
- Double click on the file "Iburst install file" to run the application.
- The iBurst Setup will start click the Next button.
- Select "I accept the terms the license agreement", click the "Next" button.
- Click the "Next" button again.
- Then the "Next" button again.
- Click the "Continue Anyway" button
- When the installing process finishes, Select "Yes, I want to restart my computer now" and Click the "Finish" button
- After the restart, insert the usb cable into your pc (make sure it is plugged into your modem to).
- If the operating system is able to recognize the inserted iBurst Access Card as a new installed hardware, "Found New Hardware Wizard" will begin and the dialog window will appear. Wait for few seconds.
- The dialog window will appear, "click the Continue Anyway button".
- The driver is installed on your PC.
- After installation of the driver, the dialog window will appear, click the "Finish" button.
: Creating a Connection
- Click "My Network Places".
- Next, click "View All Network Connections".
- Then click the "Create a new connection".
- "New Connection Wizard" will begin and the dialog window will appear.Click the "Next" button in the dialog window
- Select "Connect to the Internet" and click the "Next" button.
- Select "Set up my connection manually" and click the "Next" button.
- Select "Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password" and click the next button.
- Fill in "ISP Name" edit box with an ISP Name being "Iburst", followed by clicking the "Next" button.
- Enter user name and password and make sure that the "Make this the default Internet Connection" check box is checked. Click the "Next" button.
- Click the "Finish" button.
- At this point, the connection configuration is complete. When you call Internet Explorer
program, "Dial-up Connection Wizard" will begin and the "Dial-up Connection" dialog window will appear. Click the "Connect" button to connect to the network.
Planet Broadband Router to iBurst Modem
: Things to check before getting started:
- Make sure the modem cable is plugged into the Wan port on the Router.
- Plug a (Ethernet cable) into one of the ports on the Router and carry it to network port at the back of your PC.
- Open up your Internet browser and enter http://192.168.0.1 in its Address field.
- A Login screen should appear shown below (by default) enter Username = Admin and Password = 1234.
: The User Interface will appear in your browser.
- Click on the General Setup Tab
- Select the WAN option on the list of Network types then select the PPPoE Protocol and then click the more configuration button.
- It will now prompt you for a Username and Password.
- Change the MTU size to 1352 as this works best with the iBurst modem.
- Once the relevant settings have been inserted click on the Connect button.
: Click on the status Tab to determine whether the Router is connected.